1. Shoot more video.
Now that my computer is working well, video editing is feasible. I didn’t shoot much when it was hard to edit and I’m kinda sad about that. Shaun is shooting lots of video so far this year as well, which is super exciting. An aside to this is that I’ve been enjoying going through older video I have shot. The footage above is from our 2012 trip to the Oklahoma Aquarium.
2. Extreme organization! Sure this falls under a few of the things (4. Hardcore cull my wardrobe, 20. Get everything boxed and bagged to donate, 25. Organize all the closets, 28. Write a list of major cleaning projects and do them all!) I have on my 30 before 30 list, but I feel like certain things just don’t work into those updates. Though I guess they would if I got around to making that list of major cleaning projects. I should do that this week! Anyway, prior to getting that list written:
- I cleaned off the top of the fridge and tucked all of our first aid/vitamin stuff into a cute box.
- I went through all the kitchen cabinets and sorted our appliances. I have a few to get rid of and organized what we actually use to be easily accessible.
- I started organizing the pantry. That’s definitely a project that involves more dry good storage containers and cute labels than I currently own.
3. Update this blog… weekly? This feels awfully ambitious.
Shaun, Missouri Botanical Garden, 2009 Kodak Cameo 35mm
4. Scanning negatives. All of my plans for timely film development ultimately fail. As such, when I finally get film developed it costs upwards of $50 for processing only (I never get prints.) and then it takes me months & months to actually scan all of it. I got a dozen rolls developed last summer and I’ve scanned… maybe half of them. Honestly I just have so many little creative projects going on, I’m only working on a few of them at a time and it’s hard to find the time for every little thing I want to do, especially for these things that don’t fit into my 30 before 30, if I’m going to be scanning, it should be my mom’s photos for that project. It’s fun to spread it out, though, it’s interesting to see photos I took 6 years ago for the very first time.
5. Read 30 books. Last year my goal on goodreads was 25 and I skated in with 26. I miss reading. I miss sitting on the porch waiting for Shaun to get home from work with my feet up on the rail and a book in my lap. I’ve been spending a lot of time in the bath with a book too. I used to freak out that people did that, but I’m pretty careful and there have been no mishaps thus far! I’m less caught up in keeping things for best, I guess, so the pages get a little steamy, it’s okay. I still wouldn’t do it with a borrowed book, though!