35 before 35 list
1. 65/105 new recipes
63 – 64. Verdant Couscous with Spicy Mustard Greens – Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean, and Southern Flavors Remixed: A Cookbook by Bryant Terry – I’m counting this as two recipes because the Spicy Mustard Greens are definitely their own thing. I tossed them into a few recipes over the next week and they were SO TASTY and spicy. This was so smokey and bright tasting. Just really great.
65. Crispy Chickpea Tabbouleh Bowl with Creamy Feta Dressing – Hello Fresh – Got a Hello Fresh box for my birthday week and it has a couple of new recipes in it. We have had a few recipes with baked chickpeas in them and now I bake chickpeas before I put them into anything. They’re so delicious! This was maybe the second time I have used Bulger wheat and it was really good.
4. Saturday movie nights
27. Spider-man – Into the Spider-verse
28. Christopher Robin
29. Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling
30. Wine Country
31. Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein
We’ve decided anytime we movie night it’s a ~Saturday Movie Night~.
13. Play more video games
I played some Detroit Become Human and Dragon Quest Builders 1 and started a brand new game of No Man’s Sky on my birthday which quickly began to consume me. Look at my cute little alien friend.
14. Get 30 before 30 film developed ✔
AHHHHHHH. I did it. Finally!
I posted the first roll here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/29317010
15. Let myself shoot film again ✔
I have four film cameras loaded up! I shot a bunch over my birthday weekend. Yay!
17. Monthly date night
We went on a couple of dates for my birthday this past weekend!
18. work on the house/yard
I cleaned out the pantry!!! My mom helped a lot, actually. You can’t initiate a cleaning project in my mom’s presence without her wholeheartedly joining in. I wasn’t being crafty, though, I just got the cleaning bug and she was there!
19. Cull wardrobe/take to goodwill
A summer away from my closet is always good for reminding me how much of it I don’t actually need. I have several BIG boxes of stuff to take to goodwill soon.
21. One 365 day project
I started one on my birthday, August 25, 2019, to finish up the day before my 35th birthday. 👍👍👍
22. No strict photo projects for one year ✔
That finished this one up. I didn’t do anything strict. I mean, I’m always doing stuff, but I tried to be chill about it, I guess.
23. Try 5 new restaurants in Tulsa
- The Local Bison
Shaun got an Impossible burger (our first, I had a taste. I think it was better than the Beyond burger but also I’m not missing meaty tasting things. I really, really like a veggie burger that tastes like veggies and grains. It’s fun to try new things, though!) and I had the vegan sandwich of the week, which was deep-fried mushrooms on a sub. I definitely want to go back and try more of their vegan options, of which there are many.
25. Read 10 fiction books
- A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick
- The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
- The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwick
- The Terror of the Loom by Paula Minton
- The Serpent Of Lilith by Margot Villiers
- Winterwood by Dorothy Eden
- Labyrinth by Diane Stevens
34. Do another sketch a day journal
Shaun got me one for my birthday!