1. 51/105 new recipes
I didn’t have a lot of time this month to think about my own meal planning, so we did extra Hello Fresh. It was nice to have a little less to think about when I was grocery shopping and at dinner time but I’m looking forward to taking a break from all this dairy, sheesh. I hate how vegetarian always food relies on it so much. Like, vegetables are delicious has heck. I love them so much. Mmmm vegetables. I’m hungry right now, haha.
47. Cremini and Zucchini Spaghetti with Parmesan Garlic Bread(Hello Fresh) – Sometimes the simplest of these recipes are just surprisingly great. I also like how they force me to expand my delicious bread spread repertoire.
48. Sweet Potato and Poblano Quesadillas with Southwest Crema and Radish Tomato Salad (Hello Fresh) – I never would have thought of using radishes like this and I LOVED IT.
49. Gorgeous Greens Farro Bowl with Roasted Zucchini and Asparagus (Hello Fresh) – This was Shaun’s favorite thing we have ever gotten from Hello Fresh. Makes me want to get Farro on the regular.
50. Cheese Tortelloni in a Mushroom Sauce with Parmesan and Chili Flakes (Hello Fresh) – I think this sauce would be killer with gnocchi. Mushrooms are so good.
51. Crispy Cheese and Veggie Fajitas with Hot Sauce Crema (Hello Fresh) – This was decent. Gave me ideas for my own veggie fajitas more than anything else. Grilling cheese is neat but SO MUCH CHEESE. I feel like it could always be replaced with Tofu to excellent effect.
2. Bullet Journal 2019
I’ve been keeping up with my journal super well. It helps to have a busy month, and May was SUPER BUSY. I’m planning on switching my format May 27 – August 4 or so with daily entries/journaling/scrapbooking because I’ll have less structured planning I need to do while we are in Virginia. It’s definitely one of my favorite bullet journal aspects that you can change it up to suit whatever you have going on at any given time.
3. Weekly Effort
I made lots of effort this month that… I didn’t take pictures of. :D I did try pin curls last week and I was really happy with the result.
4. Saturday Movie Nights
22. Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me (for the first time ever, can you believe it!?)
5. Finish 5 TV series
We’ve been watching anime more lately. Trying to keep it chill, but both of these were pretty feelsy actually:
- My Roommate is a Cat
We have gotten caught up on lots of ongoing series, but I think those might be the first two that we have finished since I started this project!
7. Keep my Patreon up to date!
I have been doing weekly phone-photo diary updates that I’ve been really enjoying! They have been Patron-Only because I feel more comfortable writing journal entries for a smaller audience. I’ve also been taking more photos with my dSLR and posting those in smaller groups instead of one giant dump at the end of the month, and those are public.
13. Play more video games
I’ve been playing Dragon Age Origins.
I finished What Remains of Edith Finch.
I finished Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture.
16. Plan my summers better!
We are heading off to Virginia for two months for Shaun’s internship and I feel much better prepared for it this time. It’s hard to say if we will get to do more fun things in our downtime this year, but I do feel more relaxed about all of it this time around.
25. Read 10 Fiction Books
4. The Terror of the Loom by Paula Minton
28. Go on more photo adventures
My mom and I went to Woodward park on a whim, all I had with me was my phone but I really focused on taking the photos I could see in my mind and it was very satisfying and fun!