35 before 35 list
1. 30/105 new recipes
It was kind of a slow new recipe month but I’m finally getting some baking done in the new oven!
27. Garlic “Cheddar” Herb Biscuits (The Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking by Dana Shultz) These were a bit too Nutritional Yeasty for my taste and a little dense (my fault!) but they were super good dipped in soup!
28. Simple Carrot & Curried Lentil Soup (The Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking by Dana Shultz) The maple syrup made this too sweet as it was written, but I remade it a couple of weeks later without it and it’s a new favorite for Shaun.
29. Heirloom Tomato Flatbreads with Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella and Balsamic Greens (Hello Fresh) I loved how green these were. I’ve been craving the heck out of a salad lately and getting it on a pizza was dreamy.
30. Roasted Garlic Herb Penne with Asparagus, Tomatoes and Crispy Capers (Hello Fresh) Capers are the best thing that has ever happened. Crispy Capers are like superhero Capers. Caped Capers.
3. A Weekly Effort
I’ve been going to school with Shaun once a week and working in his office. It kind of defeats the idea I had that I would be more productive AT HOME if I pulled myself together a bit but the whole experience has definitely been good for my brain. I never remember to take pictures. It’s where I am today though, so here’s a fresh selfie! The freshest!
4. Saturday Movie Night
We skipped one Saturday this month because I took my mom, brother & Shaun out for a big birthday dinner.
16. Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
17. Incredibles 2
18. Isle of Dogs
7. Keep my Patreon up to date!
My output it significantly less than it was last year, so this one has become super easy! I’m feeling pretty motivated to get film developed soon. It’s what I think about when I let myself have a ~creative break~ so that’s exciting, actually.
13. Play more video games
This has been a great video game month! Kingdom Hearts III came out at the end of January. Shaun and I have been taking it pretty slow because we are playing it together and we don’t have as much overlapping video game time but I’m actually enjoying the pace. I have so many feelings. I love that I get to take lots of pictures in the game! I’m not at home so I can’t get them off of my account to put them in this post and I’m full of regret. I’ll put a million Sora selfies in my update next month!
I have gotten super-duper into Sims 4 again. I started a new legacy challenge style game and I have been really working on building cute houses.
I got Final Fantasy IX for the Switch this past month too. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have gotten this game, haha. My brother got the first copy for me for Christmas 2000! I like the PC version because of the modded background improvements and there are some glitch fixes but I honestly haven’t been bothered by any of this playing it on the switch, especially when I’m playing it handheld.
17. Monthly Date Night
It still counts as a date night if my mom & brother are there, right? Family date! I love my birthday kids!
18. Work on the house/yard
I got a lot of stuff figured out in the kitchen. I’ve switched a bit of my mental house effort into helping my mom get the house she is moving into livable. It needs a lot of work!
20. Yoga goals
This took a total backseat to everything else this month. I haven’t been home as much and I need to figure out a new routine because I actually like being home a little less and I want to fit yoga into that. I did do a bit of yoga that I didn’t take photos of. Maybe only 7 days total in the past month and that was mostly the first week.