1. Cook 30 new recipes 86/30 I made 3 new recipes this month! I actually made 2 other things for the first time, but one was something super easy that I made without a recipe (daiya quesadillas) and the other was so altered in ingredients (gumbo is literally not gumbo without okra) that I didn’t feel right including it.
84. Louisiana Red Beans and Rice (One-Dish Vegan)
85. Korean Hot Pot (One-Dish Vegan)
86. Rainbow Millet-Hummus Collard Summer Rolls (But I Could Never Go Vegan!)
2. Shoot 1 roll of film per month. 11/12 I got a super late start this month again, I didn’t actually finish my June roll until July 4th and then I decided to finish a mysterious roll that was in my Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim. Who knows when I started it? My hope was that it would actually only have a few shots left and I could pop a fresh roll into it and use it for July but that didn’t happen until the 14th! The roll is about halfway shot, now!
7. Reach Advanced Level yoga with Erin Motz’s DoYouYoga course.
8. Finish Five Video games 4/5
4. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.
9. 30 self portraits in 2015.
16. Veganize 10 of my family’s recipes. 0/10
I thought this was going to be one of the easy ones, but my mom’s recipe cards are missing! I have some family church cookbooks that have some distant relatives in them, but most of the recipes that appeal to me are vegan already! One of them is for canned vegetable soup and another for pickles!
17. Make canned pickles!
My plan is to make the kind of pickles you can pretty much eat immediately. Basic vinegary cabbages, or something. Totally delicious and stress free. Not going to get into heat sealing yet. Doing what I can to get this stuff done. Real pickles is still a future goal! I got some super cute little jars earlier this month, so… that’s progress!
21. Start a 365 photo set on my 29th birthday. Finish it! Here are some of my favorite shots from this month:
23. See five movies in the theater 2/5
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. Inside Out
28. Write a list of major cleaning projects and do them all!
- move all furniture and clean behind/under it. (fridge, dressers, couch, entertainment center.) (Progress: Calling this done. Kitchen, bathroom, living room done in month 6. One half of bedroom done in month 7. Library is still such a work in progress that I doubt I’ll get it finished, but all of the rooms we use regularly are looking good. I just need to do a little more in the bedroom and some of that requires getting rid of furniture. It should get done in the next year)
- clean the fridge out. (Progress: Fridge done. Still need to hit the freezer!)
- take ALL THAT RECYCLING so the cozy system can start working. (Progress: Done.)
- take everything to Goodwill. (Progress: One carload done, only have a few boxes left to go.)
- finish each room. If I still have to have stuff piled in a corner, at least let it be stored in a plastic tub. (Progress: Living room: Done. Laundry room: Done. Dining Room: as done as it will get. )
- closet overhaul. (Progress: Started the bedroom closet. Made a lot of hanger space, so far, need to work on the stuff that’s on shelves next!)
- Springtime Garden Tidy. (Progress: I managed everything by the back lot, and now it’s summer and unbearable. Major progress though! Calling it done. Everything else is maintenance.)
Only one month to go! I’ll be hustling to get some of this stuff done and accepting that other things just won’t happen, yet. But I’m not giving up on anything!