58. Maple Baked Beans and Cornbread Casserole (But I Could Never Go Vegan!)
59. Tunisian Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas & Greens (One-Dish Vegan)
60. Mushroom Lasagna (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
61. Gravy (But I Could Never Go Vegan!)
62. Nigerian Black-Eyed Peas and Greens (One-Dish Vegan)
63. Szechwan Tofu and Green Beans (One-Dish Vegan)
64. Mix and Match Jambalaya (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
65. Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Bars (But I Could Never Go Vegan!)
2. Shoot 1 roll of film per month. 8/12 Bo & Su of Les Beehive gave me a Mamiya msx 500 last summer and I hadn’t loaded film into it yet, high time to see how it goes!
7. Reach Advanced Level yoga with Erin Motz’s DoYouYoga course.
I’ve done a lot of yoga this month, feeling pretty good about this one. :)
10. Fill my first Smash Journal.
Since this project has involved going through and re-editing my photos it has taken a long time. I’m somewhere in the middle of October of 2007 for a photo book that will only span June – December of that year and I’m already past 200 pages. When I was first starting to really practice and study photography I was super prolific, whoops. I’m going to admit that I might not be able to afford to actually PRINT this book until after my birthday, I will consider this done if I finish all of the other work involved because I have put many hours into it.
Here’s a couple of two-page spreads I’m really happy with:
In 2007 I had some interest in being a commercial photographer, at least in terms stock photography. I have a lot of stuff I shot with that aim that I really love in retrospect but actually shooting photography for someone other than myself wasn’t fun at the time and I decided to focus on more emotive/photo diary work. I’m curious what future photo books will be like, especially everything past the death of my dad in December of 2008, when I realized that capturing and remembering my real life was the most important thing to me artistically.
21. Start a 365 photo set on my 29th birthday. Finish it!
Here are some of my favorites this month:
24. Scan my mom’s family photos. Got another stack done this month.
28. Write a list of major cleaning projects and do them all!
- move all furniture and clean behind/under it. (fridge, dressers, couch, entertainment center.) (Progress: Kitchen, bathroom, living room done in month 6. One half of bedroom done in month 7.)
- clean the fridge out. (Progress: I did the fridge a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised by how many jars of useless stuff I had in there. I felt like I was being good at keeping it down to the essentials, but nope! I still need to clean the freezer, but in general it stays a little cleaner.)
- take ALL THAT RECYCLING so the cozy system can start working. (Progress: Still need to take all the paper and cardboard, but the rest of it is kept sorted and tidy.)
- take everything to Goodwill. (Progress: I just keep adding boxes and bags. I have SO MUCH that’s on it’s way out, I can’t wait to reclaim that space!)
- finish each room. If I still have to have stuff piled in a corner, at least let it be stored in a plastic tub. (Progress: Living room I would call done. I hung some curtains this month There are lots of living room photos above in my yoga shots.)
- closet overhaul. (Progress: Lots of little adjustments but nothing worth noting.)
- NEW Springtime Garden Tidy. (Progress: Gardening update.)