I made 15 new recipes this month!
20. Ma Po Tofu (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
21. Potato-Asparagus Soup (Vegan with a Vengeance)
22. Baigan bharta (The Vegan Slow Cooker) pictured with
23. Butter Chick’n (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
24. Sweet and Sour Tofu (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
25. Mushroom Barley Soup with Fresh Herbs (Isa Does It)
26. Gardeny Shiitake and Chard Fusilli (Isa Does It)
27. Alphabet Soup (Isa Does It)
28. Smoky Ketchup (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
29. Acorn Squash stuffed with Cranberry-Pecan Rice (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
30!!! Asian-Style Winter Stew (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
31. Soy Chorizo Black Bean Stew (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
32. Not-My-Grandmother’s Beefy Stew (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
33. What’s-in-the-freezer? Veggie Stew (The Vegan Slow Cooker
34. Better-Than-The-Classic Shepherd’s Pie (The Vegan Slow Cooker)
I’m going to keep tracking this. I’m really curious to find out just how many new recipes I can make in one year!
2. Shoot 1 roll of film per month. 3/12
I got a late start. I ran out of film and couldn’t find it in the first several stores I checked. I tracked some down a week into November and loaded into my Minolta Himatic-G. I have a little pile of film accumulating! Maybe I’ll be able to get it developed over a break next month.
3. Write 9th NaNoWriMo novel.
Lots of updates about this in the NaNoWriMo tag!
7. Reach Advanced Level yoga on MyYogaPro.
What I really mean by “reach advanced” is: feel fairly confident in the Advanced level classes, I think.
I have done every Beginner and Intermediate level class. I had to make a few modifications to get through some of the Intermediate classes so I repeated them all a second time through with marked improvement. My practice is mostly pretty strong. This month has been harder because I do yoga in the morning and on the weekends we write in the morning and on Sunday mornings we also get groceries, so I have not done yoga every Sunday. I did get started on the advanced classes this month, though. They’re intense but I feel super strong and awesome after I get through one. So far the necessity for modification matches my first run through the Intermediate classes.
16. Veganize 10 of my family’s recipes. 0/10
Not quite started yet! But my mom brought over one of her family’s church cookbooks. It’s full of distant relatives! The only close relative recipe was from my Great Grandmother, and it was already vegan, whoops! She brought another church cookbook over just yesterday and it looks more promising. She’s going to hunt down her recipe box for me, too!
18. Print another photo book.
This has been an excellent source of NaNoWriMo procrastination. I started back in my 2007 folders. That’s when I got my first dSLR. I got 300+ edits done before I realized I had only worked through a month and a half of my photos from that year. I am SO HAPPY with the new edits and how the book is coming together so far.
22. Finish watching 5 of the TV series we’re currently working through on Netflix. 5/5
You know when you don’t want a thing to end so you stop watching it for a long time? That was Twin Peaks. But we finished it at the end of October, and, unlike everyone else who had watched it all already, we only have to wait a couple of years for more!
On November 8th we finished watching Star Trek: Voyager. I didn’t have the feeeeelings that I had when we finished TNG but I enjoyed the show on the whole, especially past Season 3 or so.
On November 9th we watched the last episode of Angel. I had sporadically watched the show when it was actually on and had actually already seen the last episode. I just didn’t realize it was the last episode. The whole thing felt much more unresolved than Buffy. I could have done with a couple more seasons.
Anyway, there’s that done! For some reason I thought this would take months and months, but we really started watching as soon as I started this challenge. I’ll keep tracking our progress, let’s see if we can double it! :0
24. Scan my mom’s family photos.
Got through a handful of them while I was procrastinating about working my NaNoWriMo!
Done. It came kind of crumpled by the postal service but otherwise I am super happy with it!